- To contribute for the scientific and technological development of the country;
- To fight for quality and universality of education in all levels;
- To defend the interests of scientists;
- To promote the diffusion of scientific knowledge through science dissemination actions;
- To fight for removing obstacles and misunderstandings that affect the progress of science.
- scientific and technological development that satisfies, above all, the major needs and interests of the Brazilian society;
- preservation and constant improvement of the national education, scientific, and technological systems;
- freedom of research, opinion, and rights to the necessary means to conduct scientific work;
- wide and public access to the dissemination of science and technology, and the public policies for the sector.